Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRegisterLatest imagesSearchLog in

Thoughts about chapter 3

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JennT

JennT

Thoughts about chapter 3 Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts about chapter 3   Thoughts about chapter 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 11:06 am

I think it's interesting that there is an entry from Sybil's journal at the beginning of each chapter. I also think it's nice to learn how she decided to become a mid wife. What a Face
Back to top Go down
BrittanyLeach

BrittanyLeach

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about chapter 3   Thoughts about chapter 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 1:27 pm

I agree with the journal entries. I kind of wish the story was from her point of view so we could see how she feels about this and what was going through her mind.
Back to top Go down
tiffwest

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about chapter 3   Thoughts about chapter 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 10:09 am

love the book but i think it is getting 2 repetitive. i do like the fact that it gives u all of the details of what happened when she had 2 do the c section but i still believe that they could dial down on the graphic nature of the book.
if u were in cybil's shoes would u have done the same thing if u thought that the mother was dead?

I probably would have but its only because i think that every life should have a chance. i also fear that the father of this child might blame his son forf his wifes death an he probably will not be as close as they could have ben had his mother survived.
Back to top Go down
BrittanyLeach

BrittanyLeach

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about chapter 3   Thoughts about chapter 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 11:09 am

Tiff has a point. I probably would have done the c-section but I think I would have asked the father first. Though, when you're in that kind of situation you don't necessarily think things through.

I also don't know how the father would treat his son. There is the possibility that he blames his son and isn't close but there is also the possibility that he is very protective of his son because he sees him as the last remaining piece of his wife.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts about chapter 3   Thoughts about chapter 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughts about chapter 3
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Midwives' Discussion :: Discussion Chapter 3-
Jump to: